Cordless Drill - My PC went - suggestions?

Page 2 of 2

Luv my Milwaukee 14.4V.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (WoodChuck34) wrote in

I have been impressed with most of my Hitachi tools, both for quality and value. I have two 14.4V Hitachi's - one with 1/2" chuck and the other with a 3/8" chuck. The 1/2" chuck unit grips the bits better and has more torque. The 3/8" chuck unit weighs less and was about 1/2 the price. Both units came with 2 batteries, quick charger, basic bits and plastic cases.
Brian
Thanks all for the comments and suggestions. I have a $50 gift certificate from Father's day that I've been saving for a rainy day (raining hard today in Hershey, PA BTW). I think based on what more than a few people have said here I may take a chance on that Milwaukee. A company that gives a 5 year guaruntee when the rest of the market is offering 1-2 years must be doing something right.
I'll let you know how I like it.
Chuck
Keep in mind that the 5 year warrantee may only be on the drill and charger. The batteries may only be covered under a 1 year warranty and as we all know, that is the part that usually poops out first.
I'll let everyone know how it works after I play with it this weekend.
Thanks again,
Chuck
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (WoodChuck34) wrote in message

Just as an update. I called PC today to find out if they received my drill yet. The guy told me that they put a new motor in it and already shipped it back to me.
They earned back some points on the customer service front, but there's no way I should have burned out a motor for what I put it through.
I guess I have an extra cordless now.
By the way, I've used the Milwaukee for a couple of projects now and I'm very impressed. Great balance and power. We'll see how we do in the long term.
Chuck
WoodChuck34 wrote:

What do you consider an extra cordless? I have two (PC 14.4 v and "something" 12 v) with a spare regular plug in for the pocket jig. With only one drill I seemed to spend all my time changing bits.
Josie
If you're installing cabinets, you'll love the new Hitachi 12v cordless impact driver/drill. It's unbelievable. Lightweight, tons of power, small enough to fit inside cabinets and even has a little light to help us over 40 find the screwhead in the dark.
A little spendy, but that's what's on my birthday list - and I already own the PC 19.2 v cordless with tons of torque (and bulk).
Good luck!
kb

I finally treated myself to a set of Milwaukee 18v cordless tools including a new drill. Their stuff is really impressive and I should have done it sooner. Besides I wanted to buy these tools before they become red Ryobis as a result of the recent purchase of the Milwaukee line by ryobi parent company.