Cordless drill clutch settings?

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 14:35:44 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy

I saw a plumber on TV using a hand drill to saw a 4" hole through the floor for a pipe access. That 4" hole cutter will twist your elbow a bit if you have only the pistol grip working.
Martin
On 7/18/2015 9:35 AM, John McCoy wrote:

A decent drill will put a screw in with care. The clutch settings on most cordless drills are a PIA to use to begin with.

Very true on both points. I just find it easier to use a hand screwdriver, and I'm not in any hurry. More often than not I use the Yankee spiral screwdriver, even for non-critical work. The cordless drill is mostly just for drywall screws or deck screws now-a-days.
John
On 7/19/2015 9:53 AM, John McCoy wrote:

Geez I quit hand driving, for the most part, in the early 80's. Do you not use pocket holes?

No, don't like pocket holes. I find them aesthetically displeasing.
John
On 7/19/2015 4:39 PM, John McCoy wrote:

They will do in built-ins but I tend to use no mechanical fasteners at all. Although attaching replaceable backs, adjustable feet, hinges, and or pulls require a few screws.