Cordless circular saws?

Looking for some opinions on 18v 6 1/2" circular saws. Makita,Panasonic,Milwaukee,Bosch
Thanks

My Milwaukee works fine, I just don't like the safety lever, its awkward when using in unusual positions. Dave
Tue, Dec 20, 2005, 7:47am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@teamcasadot.org (Teamcasa) doth say in public: My Milwaukee works fine, I just don't like the safety lever, its awkward when using in unusual positions.
That's dangerous, isn't it? I thought the preferred cordless tool in unusual positions was a drill, with attachment.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax
Teamcasa wrote:

Tape it back, or shove a pencil in it.
JP ****************************** Don't worry, I'm with OSHA.
Tee Blue wrote:

I have the older Makita 6-1/2. works great. I recently saw the newer model at HD, which has a more substantial base and a LI battery; looks awfully nice. I've not regretted getting the Makita, except that the batteries don't last long. I once had 4 18V batteries, but 2 have already died. They cost $70+
Dave
I picked up the Rigid on a few weeks ago on clearance - works great - no issues w/ it at all.

I bought a Hitachi 18V circular saw from Menards about 2 years ago on clearance for $99. It is quiet and powerful and has proven very useful in some occasions, like when I was installing Pergo. But now I don't use any circular saw very much and the Hitachi's battery is usually dead when I want to use it. So I reach for the corded saw.

If you want those batteries to last, keep a charge on them whether you use them or not. Letting them sit discharged will shorten their life drastically.