Corded VSR Driver-Drill w Slip Clutch

Hi,
I am looking for an inexpensive corded driver-drive to use when my cordless is flat. None I've seen have the slip clutch (ratchet?) that is common on cordlesses. Does someone make one?
Thanks, Gary

Yes; Ryobi makes one. $31.98 "Online Special" at HD. http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@1285156595.1171659501@@@@&BV_EngineIDdhaddkejeljgfcgelceffdfgidgjj.0&MID76 (or search "clutch driver" at homedepot.com if the link doesn't work) My boss has one, but I haven't used it. I could probably check it out if you're looking for something specific. Andy

I have one. Haven't had it long enough to tell about how it will hold up over time, but it certainly sounds like a toy compared to my milwaukee drill. However it is well balanced, comfortable trigger, has storage onboard for a couple drivers, and a reasonably long cord. I'm not crazy about the forward/reverse switch, but it's not terrible.
I reach for it for light tasks because it's much more comfortable to hold, and I can tighten the chuck using the drill motor without fear of it tearing my hand apart unlike the milwaukee, which always wins any battle it encounters.
-Leuf
Gary Brown wrote:

I've never seen one myself, but the first result from a google search is a link to one by Black and Decker. I'm sure there are others further down.
Chris
It is not inexpensive.
It is not a drill, only works with Apex type tips.
Best in the business:
It was a Black & Decker commercial tool, now under the DeWalt name. I honestly feel the B&D is better balanced, but no longer available.
<http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productIDf>
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .