Corded VSR Driver-Drill w Slip Clutch

Hi,

I am looking for an inexpensive corded driver-drive to use when my cordless is flat. None I've seen have the slip clutch (ratchet?) that is common on cordlesses. Does someone make one?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Brown

Yes; Ryobi makes one. $31.98 "Online Special" at HD.

(or search "clutch driver" at homedepot.com if the link doesn't work) My boss has one, but I haven't used it. I could probably check it out if you're looking for something specific. Andy

Reply to
Andy

I've never seen one myself, but the first result from a google search is a link to one by Black and Decker. I'm sure there are others further down.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

I have one. Haven't had it long enough to tell about how it will hold up over time, but it certainly sounds like a toy compared to my milwaukee drill. However it is well balanced, comfortable trigger, has storage onboard for a couple drivers, and a reasonably long cord. I'm not crazy about the forward/reverse switch, but it's not terrible.

I reach for it for light tasks because it's much more comfortable to hold, and I can tighten the chuck using the drill motor without fear of it tearing my hand apart unlike the milwaukee, which always wins any battle it encounters.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

It is not inexpensive.

It is not a drill, only works with Apex type tips.

Best in the business:

It was a Black & Decker commercial tool, now under the DeWalt name. I honestly feel the B&D is better balanced, but no longer available.

Reply to
DanG