Corded drill died, recommendations sought

Page 2 of 2
Doug,

I have two drills that replaced several old junkers I used to make do with.
The first is a Craftsman 18V cordless drill. This was a Xmas gift from my wife, and handles the vast majority of drilling and screw driving needs. It's about 4 years old now and is still running strong despite being drug around in the dirt building foundation forms and whatnot. We used it to install drywall, as well as many other tasks in the course of building our home.
My second drill is a DeWalt 246. It's a 1/2", keyless chuck, 7.8 amp reversable drill. I had to order this drill online, as all of the Dewalts in the home centers are the low torque, high RPM models. The 246 has a low RPM (maybe 600 max?) but it has LOTS of torque. I used it drill many 2-1/4" holes for our plumbing runs and it never even blinked. But, you have to be careful, use the extra handle, and brace yourself. If the 2" bit grabs a knot or nail it'll rip your arm off! :) The DeWalt 246 replaced a few older, and much larger, heavy duty drills I used to have. I don't use it a lot, but when I need the power it's the one I use.
Anthony