Coping is effortless if youv'e got $2,300 to spend on new machine

There's no excuse now for professionals NOT to cope, unless they can't earn enough money to buy new equipment. There is a shiny new machine called the Copemaster.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Just wondering, are you referring to coping trim on the job?

Reply to
BUB 209

yup! It's in Fine Homebuilding (oct - nov), page 36

dave

BUB 209 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just make a pattern jig and use one of those nifty rotary saws or a router? If I'm going to drop a few grand on a machine, it's going to do more than a little coping. Of course, if I drop three grand on a coping machine, I'll also have to cope with my SWMBO explaining the finer points of the budget.

Reply to
Herman Family

this tool is for pro's. I'm not in the business of finish carpentry. I can do some, but I don't make a living at it. I wouldn't buy one myself. I was trying to bring this tool to the attention of the Wreck. Did I not make it clear it's for professionals??? Pro's don't need to worry about what SWMBO thinks of their hobby expenditures, by definition...

You can do your hobby coping with a frickin' X-acto knife...

dave

Herman Family wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave