Coping is effortless if youv'e got $2,300 to spend on new machine

There's no excuse now for professionals NOT to cope, unless they can't earn enough money to buy new equipment. There is a shiny new machine called the Copemaster.
dave

Just wondering, are you referring to coping trim on the job?
yup! It's in Fine Homebuilding (oct - nov), page 36
dave
BUB 209 wrote:

I saw a demo of that a while back. Touted as a new concept. It is actually just a lighter weight, higher speed model of the old metal working portable band saw.

Correction. I just took a look at this one. This is a new one, not what I was thinking of.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just make a pattern jig and use one of those nifty rotary saws or a router? If I'm going to drop a few grand on a machine, it's going to do more than a little coping. Of course, if I drop three grand on a coping machine, I'll also have to cope with my SWMBO explaining the finer points of the budget.
Michael

this tool is for pro's. I'm not in the business of finish carpentry. I can do some, but I don't make a living at it. I wouldn't buy one myself. I was trying to bring this tool to the attention of the Wreck. Did I not make it clear it's for professionals??? Pro's don't need to worry about what SWMBO thinks of their hobby expenditures, by definition...
You can do your hobby coping with a frickin' X-acto knife...
dave