Cooling down an uninsulated shop.

I have heard that tests indicate that the paints if thoroughly applied with no missed spots is about 75% as effective as the decking.

Reply to
Leon

Exactly. Inslulation does not warm or cool. It slimply slows down the transfer of heat to a cooler spot. If you are not keeping the inside a constant temperature there is really no reason to insulate. The reaiant barrier however keeps the structure from absorbing heat.

I think the new stuff will work better. The old kind would settle and do like you said. The new cellulose however has an additive that sorta lightly glues it in place so that there is no settling. Ryland homes is using it and the can demonstrate how well it works at the model home sales offices. It really beats the pants off of the pink stuff for efficiency and sound control.

Reply to
Leon