COOL NEW NEANDER TOOL!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeCityMike

I'm gonna' order two. But should I get the case too?
-Zz
PS: I have three tools from Bridge City: a 4" X 2" saddle square, a 3" try square, and a little jointmaker's hammer, all rec'd as gifts.
I gotta' admit that I LIKE them all.

Here's more details and pricing:
http://www.bridgecitytools.com/Products/+CT-17+Dual+Angle+Block+Plane

Pretty much the price I guessed. If you want a cool affordable BCT Kerf Maker,,, Effective and stupid simple.
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:07:03 -0700, the infamous Zz Yzx

Holy Effin' SHIT, Maynard! Who do they think they are, Festool?
--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! Boycott Baby Oil!

For that price one could get: FTPM561174, Festool TS 55 EQ Plunge Cut Saw & CT Mini Dust Extractor Package and have money left over to buy a decent block plane from Lee Valley.

At that price you should buy everyone on here one. I'll e-mail you my address and be looking for it next week.
And for Christmas, I'll want a second one so that I don't have to change the iron around.
Allen

Absolutely! For the paltry extra money you couldn't even buy just the wood to make your own. Art
Guess I'm lucky, still learning to properly learn to use my father and grandfathers old planes and the proper sharpening. By the time I have them perfected I probably won't need a better plane Not knocking the tool, but I've never seen the great wood workers holding up some high tech new tool as their savior. It is pretty though.
Mike M

On 04/15/2010 06:43 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:

If I'm going to have two different angles, I'm going to go for a lot more difference than 42/47. How about 37/63?
Chris

To put it in perspective, for that price you could get:
Lie-Nielson low angle block, Lie-Nielson standard block, L-N #5 Jack, High angle frog for the #5, a L-N medium shoulder plane, -and- a spare O-1 blade.
I think I'll pass.
It *is* pretty, though.
jc

That's $859 for a 2-blade-angle plane. They say
"We believe the CT-17 Dual Angle Block Plane is the most versatile block plane available today.one plane body with one iron equals two planes."
This is completely wrong.
For $250 you can get the Veritas Smoothing Plane with THREE different angles.
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?pE864&cat=1,41182,41187&ap=1
For $36 more, you can get the toothed blade as well. So the Veritas is twice as versatile as the Bridge City.
I love mine.