Cool extension cord. (Lee Valley)

Makes you wonder why it took so long for somebody to make one of these.

also picked up a cyclone lid for a garbage can. It came with instructions how to ground the PVC/ABS ducting...I kid you not. They (Lee Valley) must know something......??

Every time I go to Lee Valley in London, I feel like a junky in an evidence room.

When the bill came out higher than expected, I mentioned that I had come to a lower figure when I was making up my shopping list on their website catalogue... the cashier's comment, without missing a beat was: "You may have accidentally been looking at the US pricing, sir..."

JUST the excuse I needed.......

Reply to
Robatoy

Tim and Steph

Reply to
Sweet Sawdust

I missed the OP, but outlets are even better, since they don't occur at fixed lengths. All these are is the lazy man's electrician ...no need to install BX, outlets, wiring, safety inspection,......

Reply to
Guess who

Completely missing the point that these cords are portable. Building a deck? Convenient outlets all over the place. Installing a kitchen with more than one person? Not an entanglement of cords everywhere. Every man has a place to plug in his jigsaw, chopsaw, whatever.

Nobody in their right mind would confuse these with outlets in the normal sense of the word.

Very narrow minded responses so far.

Reply to
Robatoy

Playing in the band...

Bands have used cables like this to power the "backline" stage amps since amps were invented. Before that, they were used to power music stand lights for the orchestra or pit band.

The cable would also be great for Christmas displays, party lights around the deck or boat, media tables at special events.

There's a decent amount of labor involved to make such a cable, a commercial version will probably sell well.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

There's no way you should be allowed in Lee Valley with a wallet. :-)

Had a look at the cord. It is neat actually.

Reply to
WillR

I bought two of them about a year ago but I got the 12gage, 50 ft version.

Great for a temp work area setup with multiple tools at various locations.

My only complaint is only single outlets (I wanted triples) & no built-in GFI. :(

I was thinking about making a power cord to my psecs but this was close enough to what I wanted to just buy it.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

If used outdoors, the receptacle it is plugged into should be GFI. You should not run GFI in series either so it could be a PITA in some cases. At a new construction jobsite there may be no GFI though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It's easy enough to make a GFI "pigtail" with one outlet and a grounded plug.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I made a 'custom' one of these for my Christmas lights. Outlet positioned at every bush I wanted to light up.

Reply to
No

My SWMBO (rhymes with BMBO???????) okay, okay..I'll rephrase: My dear beloved wife has, somehow, rigged an electronic dog-training collar to my MasterCard. If I touch it when my heart-rate is above a certain level, it closes a circuit which gives me a jolt that will make me crap my drawers. But I have a work-around. JUST before I make an impulse purchase, I whip out a picture of Celine Dijon[sic] and that slows down my heart-rate.

Simple, really.

Reply to
Robatoy

Yeah, one of the guys in our band "overengineered" three sets of these (we're a Big Band) and presented us with a materials bill for $90. Music stand lights do not draw much current, but if we every decide to put a welder on every stand, we're covered :)

Tom

Reply to
tom_murphy

I recon they're a great idea. Have often wondered about making a set simular after seeing the way the coloured party lights are screwed onto a lead.I wont have to wonder anymore :) seeing that I can just buy 'em. Oh well another million dollar idea down the chute. regards John

Reply to
John B

This is totally off topic. It should not be posted any place my wife can see it and get ideas. I'm happy with dark bushes.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Robatoy wrote in news:design-0419A3.15032624052005 @news.bellglobal.com:

Dead nuns, dead nuns, dead nuns... oh, wait.. same thing

~Rob

Reply to
Rob Sluys