Cool Article on wood treatment--Making hardwoods out of softwoods

's a similar product called "Alowood" that is available around here. I talked with a custom cabinetry guy that's used it on a few projects and likes it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

at that. And I wonder how much of the rain forest clearing is going on to making ass-wipe & pasture for your McD burgers compared to teak decks and furniture.

Except for applications in contact with the ground, we find softwoods are plenty strong and durable enough in North America. Whether we are sustainably harvesting them is another question.

But I do welcome other means of preventing wood from rotting: anything is gotta be better than copper chromium arsenate (still widely available in Canada).

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Paper for McD burgers is not yet made from expensive, exotic wood.

Trees cut for lumber, and ass-wiping, and McD's is always sustainably harvested, it is a crop. Trees cut for farming and making room for buildings and housing is not. Rain forests, if they can be preserved at all, will be preserved by making the wood extremely desirable and expensive, which it is. The minute exotic wood is no longer used, due to bad laws or a better replacement (Alowood), the rain forests will be clear cut for housing and farming instead of maintained as a money crop.

Reply to
Jack Stein