Converting table saw to 220V

I try to convert my table saw motor to 220V. Everything seems ok but, according to the schema on the motor, there is one wire who will stay alone.
Is it normal ?
S.B.

No, it will have low self esteem over time. Interactions with others is necessary if it is to get along in the wire society. This is a sad situation.
Yes.
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

was weird. But all three worked fine. I expect yours will be fine also. Probably has something to do with the starting circuitry.
I would guess that the wire unused for 220 volt operation is the neutral (white). Typically, you would have something like red and black as the hot wires and green for the grounding conductor. Sound right?
Chuck
SBO wrote:

Thank you to all.
Conversion was made successfully and nobody was electrocuted.
S.B.