converting bunk bed into a loft

I am looking to convert a bunk bed (one that separates into two twin beds) into one loft bed. I like the height of the bunk bed for my 6 year old but am concerned about the height of an actual loft bed. Is it safe to simply leave off the bottom rail on the front part of the bottom bunk or do I need to put an extra brace in the back?
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:54:23 -0700, jdderrig wrote:

Hard to say given your description, but you need to make sure the unit is stable. When I built a loft bed years ago, I braced everything. Didn't want something going wrong. Some loft units are also anchored to the wall to keep them from tipping. Do a Google search on loft beds. That may give you some ideas.