Convert Rigid table saw to 220V

I want to convert my Rigid TS3650 table saw to 220V. Looking at the manual wiring diagram, it's easy to see which wire goes where on the motor.
However, I am unclear as to what type of switch to use? I do not believe the factory supplied switch can switch 220 V. I have not opened the swtich to be sure but it does not look possible.
Any suggestions?
Normally they tell you in the instructions if the switch is suitable for 240v (ie. if it is single or double pole) or not. I know Delta and Penn State do.
Code allows using a single pole switch on 240v circuits as long as the machine can be unplugged easily for safety. However, I am not sure it is a great idea using a single pole switch on 240v, even if it is legal; I like having no voltage present when the switch is off..
I am assuming it is not a magnetic switch; they really are 120v or 240v, and probably cannot be changed without replacing the relay.
Clear?
Clear as it gets.
I have not opened the switch box. I am assuming the switch to be magnetic. I once saw a source for really nice switch assemblies. I am looking for this on the web.
I have also contacted Rigid tools for suggestions as well.
Keith
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:30:51 -0700, Keith Bozek wrote:

I've converted my compressor and RAS from 120V to 240V by following the instructions in the owners manuals. Neither required changing/modifying the switch. The compressor needed jumper changes in the motor, The RAS simply had a slider switch. Both required cutting the 120V plug off the cord and adding the 240V plug of your choice.
I'd check the manual first. If it gives conversion instructions and doesn't mention the switch, then the switch shouldn't be involved.
-Doug
--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples
then you and I will still each have one apple.
On 30 Jun 2004 21:30:51 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Keith Bozek) wrote:

The manual said nothing about changing the switch. I rewired my Ridgid to 240v and it works just dandy. It's not even necessary to change the plug-end, but I would encourage you to do so. You don't want anyone accidentally plugging a 120v tool into a 240v outlet.
tt