Convert RAS from 3phase to single ?

I'm tempted by this:

of the _very_ few RAS that doesn't lose its adjustment, and they're an even rarer beast in the UK.

Only trouble is that it's 3 phase. How likely might a conversion be on this machine ? It's not as easy as swapping a cabinet saw over !

Shoudl I just go for a rotary converter anyway ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

How common is 3ph in the UK?

> One of the _very_ few RAS that doesn't lose its adjustment, and

Reply to
Montyhp

I don't know what the real story is over there, but folks I've talked to in the UK said that 3ph is very easy to get. Not like in the US where it costs thousands to run to a building.

A rotary convertor is a great thing to have. Easy to build and costs almost nothing.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Ubiquitous in workshops. Rare at the back of your house.

Cost of installing it depends on location. My Dad's (rural) place could have it for the cost of one service visit to swap the Henley block, my place would be a couple of grand, as I'd need an underground cable laying.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

> One of the _very_ few RAS that doesn't lose its adjustment, and

Do a search on building your own phase converter at

PM6564