convert a versapak 7.2 drill

hi, I took a old notebook charger and pluggued into the versapak drill, I disassembled it and connected where batteries have positive and negative, you have to test first. I have used the drill a few times and works great, check it out... Please let me know if you can do it with a 9.6, or 12v drill with the notebook charger...
I don't doubt it is possible, but why would you want a really really crappy corded drill, when real corded drill are so cheap?
Put much strain on that drill for any length of time, have an electrical rated fire extinguisher handy.