Continuing saga of WOODCRAFT/JORGENSEN

Page 2 of 2

for
You're kidding, right? Just forgot to add the emoticon, right?
Shhh ... listen carefully ... is that the gentle 'plop' of bait hitting the placid waters?
;>)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

the
Gracias! I almost bit...

Do folks not have credit cards they can pay off with the next paycheck? I suppose there are some people who simply do not qualify for a credit card.
Brian Elfert

Aside from the fact it was humor, (and you missed that) I have more credit available than I'll ever need. I just choose to buy when the money is in my pocket. Maybe that is why I have good credit. Ed

I **knew** you were fishing!!! Ok, I suspected... Ok, you sucked me in big time...

Actually, I did just what you said for the router bits that were $5 each. I was not about to let that go by. Ed

Woodcraft employees weren't allowed to buy them (at least the ones in the retail stores). My father-in-law works in such a store, and could not buy any for himself.
The stock that they had in the store lasted until Saturday afternoon. I stopped by Friday afternoon and picked up 6 clamps for myself, and they still had a pretty good stack of them left over.
It kinda sucks that everybody who wanted them couldn't get them, but has anybody considered the possibility that Jorgensen may not have allowed Woodcraft to buy as many as they wanted? It sounds like Jorgensen made no money on the added production necessary to make all of these things, so I'd expect that they limited retailers to a certain number of clamps (to prevent them from stocking up and screwing Jorgensen out of future profitable sales).
<snip>

There was a letter from the folks at Adjustable Clamp Co (maker of Jorgensen) that stated the various companies were allowed to order as many as they wanted for this special. However, they had to have their order in a while ago and couldn't order more at that price.
todd
I think we maybe oughtta consider everyone meeting at one spot. We'll all bring torches and we'll go out and storm each and every Woodcraft in the nation. We'll burn them all to the ground. That'll teach them a lesson.
By the way, wear your old clothes. The rattier the better.
UA100

Please wait until the class I'm taking ends. <G>
Barry

Crikey, Keets! You just undisputedly qualified yourself for more gov't scrutiny and are now firmly emplanted on the HSA and any other terrorist groupies lists, fer sher. You could now, with the blessing of the gov't, be held without bail and without charges for unlimited time. Ain't the Shrub's New Democracy grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat?

Based on their track record, they'll never find him.
Mike
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:00:25 GMT, "Michael Daly"

Wrong. It's alway the little guys they find. They can't see a tank rolling down the street blowing houses off their foundations but they can always find a kid with a 1" pocket knife sitting in school.
Just for kicks, I walked through the security at the Oakland, CA Seattle, WA, and Anchorage, AK airports with a 9" 'weapon' in full view. They challenged a set of 1-1/4" blunt-nosed scissors in the bag next to me but overlooked the freshly sharpened pencil sticking out of my pocket, glaring at the inspector. UFR! Airport security AFTER 9/11 is more of a farce than it was before.
I hope they don't jail the student who proved that their security sucked the biggest one ever.
-- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ---- --Unknown
Larry Jaques wrote:

Now wait a minute there Larry. They can't touch me. I'm the guy that's supposed to be watching you.
UA100, Good 'Murican and Gub'ment spy...
brought forth from the murky depths:

Tell me it ain't so, Agent ooU.

Oh, that's right. I forgot that it was -they- (our CIA) who created Khadafy (Syria), Hussein (Iraq), the Shah (Iran), and most of the other terrorists who are around today.
The movie SkullsII was on yesterday. It told of the secret societies within the upper tier of educational institutions and I'll bet it was based heavily on the truth.
Who IS pulling all those global strings, anyway? You's a gummint man. Fess up. ;)
-- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ---- --Unknown
Larry Jaques wrote:

There's this guy.
OK, I've told too much.
UA100

Khadafy is in Syria now? Man, I new some of these guys were nomadic, but this is news - who's running Libya then? No, wait, who's on first isn't he....
Greg