Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

Page 2 of 3
On 9/29/2011 11:58 AM, Bill wrote:

I'm among those in the "table saw" accident statistics.
Mine wasn't plugged in, nor did it have a blade mounted, but the ER classed it, for insurance purposes, as a "table saw injury".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Does a splinter off the cut wood count?
On 9/29/2011 4:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Only if you are dumb enough to go to the ER for that splinter to be removed. ;~)

OTOH, if the splinter was that bad.... ;-)
I thought of that after I pressed <SEND>.
On 9/29/2011 5:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

LOL got caught up in the heat of the moment did you? Been there done that. ;~)

I hate it when I hit the foot.
Swingman wrote:

You are still using it, are you not?
And Leon's got the SS I think. He hasn't converted you?
On 9/29/2011 5:55 PM, Bill wrote:

Nope, have not got it yet. If I ever buy again it will be a SawStop.

That's like all those gang member "firearm fatalities" and suicide "firearm fatalities" the PTBs like to spout. Effemall!
-- Win first, Fight later.
--martial principle of the Samurai
Swingman wrote:

What happened?
Did you drop it on your foot? Run into it while playing roller-skate hockey in the garage?
Bill wrote:

I sort of hate to ask, but this sort of begs the question: If it's not plugged in, is it still a table saw?

depends on what your definition of is is<g>

Wait a minute! The Bill is on the wrong duck, here.

that's what Monica said<g>

Well, something like that...
On 9/29/2011 5:57 PM, Bill wrote:

Thinking about your significant other, ask the same question and ponder if you are still a man. ;~)
On 9/29/2011 6:57 PM, Bill wrote:

That is kind of like the old question when is a door not a door, when it is ajar
k-nuttle wrote:

Ajar of what?
On 9/29/2011 10:28 PM, Bill wrote:

Door-jam??? : )