Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)

Great. Have at it. I much prefer my Unisaur, at less than half the price.

Reply to
krw

I'm among those in the "table saw" accident statistics.

Mine wasn't plugged in, nor did it have a blade mounted, but the ER classed it, for insurance purposes, as a "table saw injury".

Reply to
Swingman

At the very least any new law mandating "xyz" should include mandatory provisions which invalidate all patents, copyrights, etc relating to "xyz". This would be for the greater good and in the public interest. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Does a splinter off the cut wood count?

Reply to
krw

Only if you are dumb enough to go to the ER for that splinter to be removed. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

OTOH, if the splinter was that bad.... ;-)

I thought of that after I pressed .

Reply to
krw

You are still using it, are you not?

And Leon's got the SS I think. He hasn't converted you?

Reply to
Bill

I sort of hate to ask, but this sort of begs the question: If it's not plugged in, is it still a table saw?

Reply to
Bill

depends on what your definition of is is

Reply to
ChairMan

Googling "UNITED STATES CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION September

21, 2011 saw", gives me links to an agenda (VolXXXVIII No.50) which says it will be considered October 5. Also links to webcasts of the meetings. A very slow, limited internet connection keeps me from investigating those links. Anybody willing to find out what did/did not happen 9/21?

Probably will never matter to me since I have a perfectly good JET, but I am curious...

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Wait a minute! The Bill is on the wrong duck, here.

Reply to
krw

LOL got caught up in the heat of the moment did you? Been there done that. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Nope, have not got it yet. If I ever buy again it will be a SawStop.

Reply to
Leon

Thinking about your significant other, ask the same question and ponder if you are still a man. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

That is kind of like the old question when is a door not a door, when it is ajar

Reply to
k-nuttle

I hate it when I hit the foot.

Reply to
krw

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's like all those gang member "firearm fatalities" and suicide "firearm fatalities" the PTBs like to spout. Effemall!

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques