CONSTRUCTION OF AN 8X10 FIELD VIEW CAMERA

http://www.srv.net/~vail/camera.htm
Everybody needs a camera. Now, the neat thing to do would be to make one out of pallet wood, that you know has come from out of your own country. Even if you're only a mile from the border, and you know it came from the first town over the line. Then you can brag that is's made out of "imported" wood. Doesn't matter if the wood was shipped across the border from the sawmill just down the road, if it comes back, it's "imported". Hell, I only drink imported wine. I just don't bother to tell people it's imported from Virginia. Heh heh heh
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe
Those instructions don't say anything about how to construct the CCD.

That'd be a bit pricy. I'm guessing your post is in jest, but actually it can be done. Using a large-format camera such as this and a flatbed scanner in "transparency" mode, it can be done. You obviously need this to be a still-life or landscape, portraits might be a bit tough (hold still for 10 seconds please). At an insane resolution of 3200 DPI, you would have a 900 Megapixel image, with just 300 DPI you'd have 8.6 Megapixel. Somewhere in between would be do-able.
Dave Hinz
Sat, Jul 24, 2004, 7:05pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@nwlink.com (WolfLahti) laments: Those instructions don't say anything about how to construct the CCD.
What? Nothing at all on the Cortical Collecting Duct? Damn. If I'd notiiced that, I wouldn't have posted it.
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe THE NEW COPPERPLATE http://www.banjer.com/midi/newcopp.mid
J T wrote:

Actually that's not all that humorous a project and I for one really appreciate your posting the link. Check prices on 8x10 cameras. You'll find that they go for $5K and up, without lenses, and pretty much look like the project you linked. The CCD backs are standard items that should fit any camera that size, however you're going to pay as much for one as you would for a good car.

--
--John