Consolation prize

One of my woodworking buddies who works down the hall from me just stopped by and told me a great story. He had a physical a few months ago including a stress test and an EKG. He was given a clean bill of health. About two weeks later he had a heart attack and had to have bypass surgery. He just came back to work yesterday.

He said that he was at the doctor's office last week and the doctor was looking over the results from his pre-heart attack physical. "Ralph," the doctor said, "I don't understand it. The stress test and the EKG showed nothing abnormal. I don't know why the tests didn't show the blockage."

"Well," Ralph kidded him, "does that mean I get a refund on the co-pay for the physical?"

"No, but I tell you what: you do some woodworking don't you. Here's a box of rubber gloves to use when you're staining."

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

Spit-take! Thanks.