Considering taking the Plunge on a Festool TS55 saw

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:37:00 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss

The store where I buy from has it ending today. Guess it's a choice for different stores.

I got the TS55, the vacuum and the table. The larger saw wasn't available at that time.
I cut up my sheetgoods on a vertical panel saw, and the most useful aspect for the TS55 has been to cut accurate bevels. I easily and accurately cut a slab for an angled table leg. Any other method would have been a nightmare.
I had to cut up a heavy slab of bubunga for a table top that I couldn't lift singlehandedly. I left it on the bed of my pickup, put a sheet of foam insulation under it, and cut it precisely with the TS55.
I don't use it that often, but has saved my ass when I needed it.
Joel
Andrew Barss wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2fu5aeu
I have a good tablesaw,

--
Jack
Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

Cut a 4x8 sheet of plywood in half from opposite corners on your TS. LOL
Leon wrote:

Your quote is off base.
Andy said this:
> I have a good tablesaw, > but the ability to deal with sheet goods and natural-edge boards with > the Festool is REALLY appealing. --
I simply gave him a reason NOT to get one.... did you follow the link I gave him? It simply shows a guy that has BOTH the Festool and the Makita and he likes the Makita better.
--
Jack

http://jbstein.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmSPlokQffk