Connecticut--Parkerville Wood Products

For those in Connecticut and the Pioneer Valley who miss Harris Enterprise, Parkerville is finally open. Went by there today--didn't have the same huge stock that Harris did but they're getting there. No credit cards yet--that's still in progress. Prices seem reasonable
They had a nice shipment of Australian burls--not my cup of tea at the moment but worth a look if you're into that, also a big pile of shorts that they hadn't racked yet. May be getting some Jarrah in the next shipment--been looking for that locally for a long time--the only source in CT that I've been able to find sells big slabs for big bucks.
Note that I'm not associated with them in any way other than as a customer.
On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 17:49:01 -0500, "J. Clarke"

I've been watching the PWP website for 8 months, waiting for him to open. <G>
I see that Dave was having problems getting proper electrical service. Once he's fully functional, I'd expect he'll be pretty good to deal with.
Did he move all of the finishing supplies from Harris?
J. Clarke wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:

Where exactly is this Parkerville?

About 3/10 mile from Harris Enterprise, in Manchester, CT. They have a Web site < http://www.parkervillewoodproducts.com/ that has directions.

.
http://www.parkervillewoodproducts.com /
Prices are within pennies of CT Hardwood Group in Enfield. I'm planning to get some wood tomorrow. Now, to decide where to go.

I hit both yesterday and Woodcraft besides.
Each has some things that the other doesn't.
Be aware that Parkerville's web site doesn't accuratly reflect their current stock.

Never got there. They close at 12:00 on Saturday and it was 11:58 when it came to decision time of which wan to turn on the highway.