Conitnued Domino adventures OR Leon gets an MR

This is actually ripped from today's headlines, but I didn't want the principals to miss it as it is no fun to kid folks when they don't know you are. So I started a new thread.

All >

It dawned on me that the mitered end grain FF biscuit cut would have been a > job for the Domino ... it would have kept me from having to change the 557's > big cutter for the FF cutter. > > Hmmm .... ;)

SNIP

It dawned on me that the mitered end grain FF biscuit cut would have been a > job for the Domino ... it would have kept me from having to change the 557's > big cutter for the FF cutter. > > Hmmm .... ;)

Uh oh.....

Alright now, stay calm. Would another two hundred for a 557 do the trick, or is the Domino the only tool for the job, Leon? ....oooops.... uh.... er..... Swing.

I am about to fall out of my chair right now I am laughing so hard. And hey - if you hurry you can STILL get the sale price!

But Swing, just think if Leon comes over and sees not only the 557 on the workbench, but the MR, AND a Domino.

"Jeez, Swing, why all the artillery?"

"Aww, just putting together a couple of things and I tried the two biscuit joiners first, then had to pull out the big gun. (Chuckles and fondles the Multi Router) Worked like a champ." (He has no idea Swing has been using the Domino all day and loves it. In fact, Swing is almost out of tenons.)

"The two biscuit joiners? Are you talking about that PC POS and the most accurate and uniquely engineered joining machine on the planet that coupled with the advanced debris removal component (aka: expensive shop vac) represents the most efficient joining system in the world today?"

"Yeah I guess, the PC and the Domino".

"So what can't the Domino do that the MR can in this instance?"

A detailed discussion follows. After a terse discussion, with Swing extolling the virtues of the MR, in my mind's eye I see Leon slumped over in a chair having small tremors rolling his eyes in a mixture of disbelief and agony.

"Noooo.... no... I thought I was through... I even bought the advanced debris removal component (shop vac) they recommended."

Swing chuckles and pats Leon on the back. "In this business buddy, you're never "through". Before I did this for a living, I used to think that could happen. Now I realize there's no end. In fact I once heard of a fella in the frozen tundra of the Great White North that bought a five headed sander.... no kiddin', five heads that all fired at once just because he >needed< it."

"Owww Gawd. Does that mean I NEED a Multi Router, too?"

"It depends buddy. The dog that runs in the middle of the pack gets to the same place as the lead dog, the immediate view is just a little different, if you get my drift."

"Oh crap. What will I tell Kim?"

"What? Are you not the man of your house?"

"Well, yeah, most of the time."

"Good enough."

Leon slumps farther in the chair. Swing walks over and gets an empty styrofoam cup from the window ledge. He blows out the dust and checks for residue. Not sure what's dried on the bottom, but it isn't much. Looks good.

He walks over to the shop fridge and fills the cup from a box of wine marked "Leon's ONLY, Do Not Drink". Thinking of his buddy, he drops a fudgecicle in the cup of wine and give a quick stir.

"Here, drink this."

Leon looks up. "Wow Swing, you're a real friend. Thanks buddy."

"No problem, that's what friends are for. I'll go get my keys."

*******************************

OK, this may not have happened either (yet!), but stay tuned!

If I were a bettin' man...

I would try to figure who would fold first. Swing on the Domino or Leon on the MR.

Hmmmmm......

Ahhh, to be a fly on the wall.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Robert told us some more tall tales

Is this the new wreck soap opera??

Or is it just an acute case of Texas Tall Tale Syndrome (TTTS)?

Keep up the good work. It is highly entertaining. :)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I suddenly have a hankering for some popcorn.

Reply to
Stoutman

I always thought it was called Texas Incredible Tale Syndrome.

Reply to
Robatoy

Well, that would make for a more interesting acronym.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Hey Swingman,

I just got a deal on tickets to fly out to Vegas this week to attend that humongous Industrial Woodworking Show. I just got that new Black Diamond credit card I was telling you about a few weeks ago. Wanna go? There's gotta be something out there that we have never seen before and that we need.

;~)

Robert, your response was long awaited for and very much appreciated. LOL

And it's much more than a ShopVac. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Damn, Robert... tough call there. That MR is one fine piece of machinery and is as sexy as the Domino is slick and practical. The Domino you can 'pull out' on a job site and put the newbies in their place. But.. if *I* had to pick one, and only one for me, I'd have to go with the>>>>>>>>>>>lost carrier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Reply to
Robatoy

That'll be $12.50, please! All proceeds go to the Trade-In Trade-up ShopVac fund.

... pay the lady on the way out.

Reply to
Swingman

------

Yes, that is right up there with "Super High Intensity Training" and "Advanced Supervisory Skills"

Reply to
Larry W

Somebody was awake...

Reply to