Congratulations, folks!

The volume of political posts being caught by my fiilters is now nearly

50% of all posting to the wreck.

See you in 2005. I can't see this improving this year, more's the pity.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

And they all seem to be starting with the same troll

Reply to
Nobody

And perpetuated by essentially the same group of people.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Damned neocons. Banish them all, I say. ;-)

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

While I agree with you, it's not like you/I/we haven't had a whack at a political thread or two. Just like running a red light, seems we all do it at different times and for various reasons.

Reply to
Swingman

Not for some time, here. And an occassional thread is no big deal.

But when I look at nearly HALF the posts being flamewars about a foreign election I almost wish the moderated group proposal had gone to a vote.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I made that mistake here - once. Before I learned that no amount of applied logic, perceived truths, or ad hominem attacks is going to change anyone's position one iota - we all have too much invested in propping up our own individual belief structures - and there is no absolute truth on either side. Such is the nature of modern polyticks.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

You've got that right. However, if we could shoot through the monitor ...

;>)

Reply to
Swingman

Greg G responds:

And historical politics. Check out the 1830s and 1840s and 1850s, and then move on to Grant's adminstration, and to the Teapot Dome Scandals.

The names may change, but the game's the same.

Charlie Self "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." John Kenneth Galbraith

Reply to
Charlie Self

If you hadn't been spending all yer time givin' em hell on news.groups, ye'd have more time to be givin' us hell here. ;)

watson - who thinks dat dem boyz on news.groups oughta get a hobby - like woodworking fer instance.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

I hear you Dave! I drop in once or twice a day to see if there is anything here of interest to woodworkers such as myself. Doesn't seem to be much at all anymore. This place used to be a great resource. I couldn't believe the attention paid to the thread about table saw wax!

David

Dave Balderst> The volume of political posts being caught by my fiilters is now nearly

Reply to
David

With "modern" applying to whatever era you happen to be living in. Haven't done in depth studies of the above, but familiar with.

Pretty much true concerning all endeavors of the human race. Avarice Rules!

As stated on my pre-election web site back in 1999: "For the bulk of the human race, in spite of it's rapid development of technology and science, hasn't altered it's fundamentally reptilian motivational stimuli in 10,000 years." *

Greg G.

    G.
Reply to
Greg G.

LMAO! Perhaps one day - I have a small grain .38 laying in wait... There are a number of "developers" on my "better off dead" list. Plus lawyers, politicians, & crack-head gangs on the street corner. *

Greg G.

  • This is a joke - no intention of actually following through with such verbal banter is intended.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

I don't see that. Unless 'Florida Patriot' initiates an OT post, I'm not seeing near the volume you state, and I do not employ filters. Maybe my ISP is 'doing me a favor'

This group is actually quite a refuge from others... If you dare, check out rec.boats... Hell, even the parrotheads over at alt.fan.jimmy-buffett cannot refrain (Grin)

: : See you in 2005. I can't see this improving this year, more's the pity.

Aw, com'n stick around. Think this election will actually be decided by then?

Rick

Reply to
pray4surf

The group may look better than others to you, but trust me, it is a pale shell of it's former self...

David

pray4surf wrote:

Reply to
David

Some idiot forged a number of ballots, and another decided he had an obligation to post all the forged names publicly in the interest of "completely accurate reporting". The only usenet ballot I have cast is on the recwoodworking.all-ages CFV.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

: The group may look better than others to you, but trust me, it is a pale : shell of it's former self... : : David :

Doesn't that statement pertain to life in general?

Rick

Reply to
pray4surf

Life doesn't always deteriorate of time, does it?? :) Can't you be full of vitality in your middle and late years? I don't think "it's all downhill from here" is an accurate description of life "in general". Surely there are plenty of pessimists who would argue the point, however.

David

pray4surf wrote:

Reply to
David

This election is pretty important to both sides, so people are talking about it. So what? Just ignore what you don't want to read and enjoy the stuff you do want to read. Think quality, not quantity.

--

-linux_lad To verify that this post isn't forged, click here:

-linux_lad

Even Methusalah didn't live forever.