concrete slab

I am closing on a house next week. The owner is removing their hot tub but I have also told them they must remove the concrete slab. Is there any problem with removing a slab (it's about 5' X 5') in the cold weather? The temps here are about 15-20 degrees at night, 20 degrees+ during the day.
-------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/23/2011 8:31 AM, neuion wrote:

Demolition is demolition ... if it is standalone and not attached to another structure, and any electrical and plumbing are carefully considered, there should be no problem with removing it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Jan 23, 9:31 am, neuion_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (neuion) wrote:

As an alternative you could ask for a reduction in price and have it removed afterward. It's not exactly like you're going to be landscaping that area right now.
✖
neuion_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com says...

If the ground is frozen getting it unstuck might be a bit of a chore. Especially if it's got proper below-the-frostline footings under it.
Add pictures here
✖
Put some insulation over the slab so the ground underneath it doesn't freeze it down.
says... I am closing on a house next week. The owner is removing their hot tub but I have also told them they must remove the concrete slab. Is there any problem with removing a slab (it's about 5' X 5') in the cold weather? The temps here are about 15-20 degrees at night, 20 degrees+ during the day.
Add pictures here
✖

Footings for a spa slab...? There's no 'proper' footings for a spa slab on grade because it doesn't require one.
✖
There is no "..." before a question mark either.
Your 'proper' may be different than what somebody else thinks is 'proper'.
Spa expert having a bad day again?
Footings for a spa slab...? There's no 'proper' footings for a spa slab on grade because it doesn't require one.
✖
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:31:28 +0000, neuion_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (neuion) wrote:

Nope. It might crack easier in the cold, and they won't work up quite as much sweat hauling off the pieces. Tell 'em to go for it.
P.S: Don't forget these (tap, tap) Safety Goggles!
-- "I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who encouraged me to think with my brain instead of my heart. I learned that you have to evaluate the effects of public policy as opposed to intentions." -- Walter E. Williams
Add pictures here
✖
The frozen ground will give less lawn damage moving equipment across it. The frozen concrete should shatter easier but nobody will realize it, anyway.
I am closing on a house next week. The owner is removing their hot tub but I have also told them they must remove the concrete slab. Is there any problem with removing a slab (it's about 5' X 5') in the cold weather? The temps here are about 15-20 degrees at night, 20 degrees+ during the day.
-------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖

Equipment? For a 60" square slab? A guy with a 20# sledge would have it broken up in half an hour.
✖
I can see you have very little experience with much. Did you think it would float over the house?

✖
Heck - build a shed on top of it to hold Barbeque or lawn stuff. Maybe car stuff.
Should be easy enough. Put down a layer of poly under the wall bases and it would allow less future loss and less airflow.
If it is in a bad spot - it will be a lot of noise going out.
Martin
On 1/23/2011 8:31 AM, neuion wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Is there any problem with removing a slab (it's about 5' X 5') in the cold weather? (20 degrees)
Well, why didn't you volunteer to do the work?
There, you've the answer!
Add pictures here
✖

Personally, I have no problems when watching this type of work.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖