Compressors - drain every day or leave pressured?

Page 4 of 4
I have a 7.5 HP Ingersal-Rand system with an automatic drain. It vents for 2 seconds every hour. Besides keeping the tank bone dry it has the advantage of scaring the hell out of the cats if they are any where near by.

Looking over their shoulders as they run, or just low to the ground hauling? :o)

Ahh an unexpected bonus that a comes with purchasing quality equipment.
Turn the bottom outlet on just a tiny bit. Do this at pressure.
You don't want to drain the tank, but have a nominal leak that blows water out the bottom.
My pump turns on every 6-7 hours when not using it. If a long time off, I unplug the pump.
Since doing that, my air has been much dryer and the dryers and active dryer does the rest.
Just what I am doing.
Martin
Mike wrote:

Both. Leave the tank pressurized and just blow off the moisture from the drain daily (if it is used).
Mike wrote:

I've had an upright Sanborn (similar to your C-H) for the past 20 years and I *never* release the pressure from the tank, at least not unless I'm draining the water, which isn't all that often. I don't run it balls-out too often, but when I do moisture in the lines is rarely a problem because I use one of these:
I've had it for the same 20 years and it works like a champ. WAY better than those glass bowl filters.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.