compressor nailer combo

Thanks for all the feedback. Went ahead and got the Bostitch 2/6 with the

16g nailer. I have never used one before, but as soon as I sent that first nail in I was in love. I am going to get the HF 18g nailer real soon. Seems much better suited to my needs than the 16g, but having two ain't so bad for the price. Hell, at around 20 bucks I shold get two, right? Any feedback on how long one would last ? Maybe 100 brads a week................
Reply to
Sherfey's

"Sherfey's" wrote in news:inc1c.30814$PR3.567585@attbi_s03:

$20??? Where?

Brian

Reply to
Brian in Vancouver, BC

Well, let's see. I put the backs on this, that, and the other thing, and a couple more. Nope, I'd figure I've gone through about 20 boxes of 1000 give or take a box or 2, with mine and it's still like the energizer© bunny. A little oil daily or twice and it works fine. YMMV

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Harbor Freight (HF), just like he said. The little purple demon is a great buy for the bucks. It goes on sale for $14 sometimes.

Digger

Reply to
Digger

Boy is it ever! (I almost beats the heck out of sliced bread!)

My "purple demon" has not only survived about 4-years of heavy use, it's outlasted a Gray-Colored Big-Brand -- Big-Bucks one I'd bought (so I could be "Politically-Correct").

In fact, that unit convinced me to get 16 and 15-Gauge finishing nailers along with a 1/4" crown stapler from Harbor Freight. (When you grab 'em up on sale, they're a heckuva deal!) I haven't regretted either of those buys either. All of my air fasteners do get a lot of use, too.

-- Steve

Penury is the mother of invention!

Reply to
Steve

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:04:37 GMT, "Brian in Vancouver, BC" brought forth from the murky depths:

Where would anyone get a Harbor Freight nailer?

42528 nailer, 40072 stapler GREAT combo for -closet- work / upholstery.

.-. Better Living Through Denial ---

Wondrous Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques