compressor and nailer recommendations

Can anyone give me some recommendations on an air compressor and nail guns. I will be using them for cabinet work. Thanks.
go see you porter-cable man....buy a combo kit....I use a pinner and a finish nailer most and a stapler for the backs Mike
Porter-Cable CFFN250N Finish & Brad Nailer Combo Kit for $299 on Amazon (with FREE shipping). Add a narrow-crown stapler and you're there.
The compressor is oilless, so it will be a bit loud. Get some extra hose and put it farther away from your work area.
On 18 Apr 2005 18:35:13 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ccrtc.com wrote:

I have the same set (without the stapler, which I wish I had). Great unit. The compressor works well and the nail guns are great. I did have a bit of trouble, with the smaller gun of the combo, shooting the smallest brads..5/8" I think. Was having some trouble with those...but otherwise, works great.
The compressor is a bit loud, but not terrible.
It is the only unit I've owned. But I'm happy with it.
I"ve also got the combo unit PC...can't be happier with it...got a good deal at Lowes for $229.99 a few months back
Tina

Does it need to be portable? What's your price range?
I have ALL Porter Cable guns, so I'm not a good one to ask for advice because I haven't used Senco or, Bostich, Paslode, or others. My PC's work fine, but there's got to be others that are just as good. Mine use oil; you might want to consider oilless guns. sometimes mine tend to spit a tiny bit.
For cabinet work you'll most likely want to have a crown stapler too, for attaching thin material such as 1/4" cabinet backs.
I'm partial to oil type compressors. I hate the clattering sound of oilless comps.
Dave
angharad wrote:

I tend to like the Senco finish nail guns and brad nailers since that's what we have more of. We recently bought a Hitatchi finish nail gun which I think has little more power than the Senco but also seems to leave a lot bigger mark from the driver under the same pressure. I might be able to solve that with lower pressure but the pressure we run seems to work great with everything else we shoot. BTW, I think the Hitachi and the Porter Cable finish nail guns are twins separated at birth because (except for the color) they look nearly identical.
As far as a compressor goes, buy the best one you can afford that isn't too large for you to move around.
Mike O.
I have an $80 Bostich brad nailer that I absolutely love. It is oil-less and has never jammed. It's extremely light-weight, very easy to load and handle.
X_HOBBES

guns.
I have the Spotnails narrow-crown stapler which has a large capacity magazine. It has been used to attach paneling to framing for walls as well as fascia to rafter tails. It has other uses than just cabinet backs. I have two friends who will loan me the PC 16-gauge finish nailer, so I bought the PC 15-gauge nailer. Yes, the nails are more expensive and have bigger heads. The 16-gauge heads would probably be less visible in cabinet work.