compressed-air drills

Page 5 of 5
On Mon, 24 May 2010 18:59:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

lol.... dont for get pics. :-]

There are also air impact screwdrivers. and there are air Clutch Screwdrivers http://www.airtekltd.com/gison_9.htm

--
>replace spamblock with my family name to e-mail me
>Pics at http://www.meekings.net/diving/index.shtml
Jerome Meekings wrote:

I have lots of air tools but don't like them much for wood because they need oil, and I always end up with oil on my hands, and oil and wood don't mix. My sanders use a ton of air and a big compressor
I like air for painting and blowing off dust mostly.
Speaking of which, I found a new use for air. When cleaning paint nozzles from little cans of paint, you are supposed to turn the can upside down and spray until clear air comes out. Well, I have a blowgun with a rubber tip that I discovered you can insert the paint can spray nozzle and blow air through the nozzle. Works really well, including on clogged nozzles if you soak them in lacquer thinner a bit.
--
Jack
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
On Sun, 23 May 2010 03:26:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Get a quality corded drill, maybe a Milwaulkee. You'll get more power and control. Save the cordless for weenie projects. Take a look at stainless square-hole screws--they cost more but will outlast the others.
Some, here, report the usage of stainess steel screws not working well. Apparently it sounds like they are too brittle and break frequently with battery drills.
I have not experienced them. YMMV
(Doug Miller) wrote:

.
On 2010-05-26, Josepi <J.R.M> wrote:

That doesn't sound right. SS is much more ductile than carbon steel. Must be cheap low grade SS.
nb

The only problems I've had with SS is the heads stripping easily. An impact driver should fix that problem.

Yes. SS is softer.
I'm pretty new to the whole screw gun technology scene and now that I've invested in a good one and used it, I wish I'd have known more about it and gone with a screw/impact driver, instead. I can now see why I'll eventually be buying one despite already having a good screw gun.
nb