Completed Rockwell Belt/Disk sander restore w/pics

Hello everyone,
Tonight I finished the restoration of my 1970 Rockwell Belt/Disk Sander.
Here is what I started with,
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/sander1.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/sander2.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/sander3.jpg
I tore down the sander to every last nut and bolt, cleaned it up and repainted it. I replaced the sheet metal belt platten with a cast iron one, swapped the 3450 RPM 3phase motor for a 1750 RPM 1ph motor w/larger pulley, added a new side/top belt guard and changed the starter. The top belt roller had been hammered on, so I also had to replace that as well. Add to that, four new main bearings and the knob to tension the belt. I also managed to find a cast iron disk dust collection attachment for the disk.
Here is it almost all torn apart,
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/bdslotsoparts.jpg
Here is the sander all back together and after a very short test,
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/bsdone1.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/bsdone2.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/bsdone3.jpg
Here is a shot of the new motor and starter inside the base,
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/bsdoneelect.jpg
With the new starter, I was able to reuse the old remote on/off switch.
Thanks for looking,
David.
Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Very nice David! Good Job.. I see your dust collector is working well these days. ;~)
Got a source of more of those cast iron platens ?? ?? I have an old, badly worn steel one myself. I'm also in need of the top roller and the top cast cover, if you know where I can pick those items up, I'd sure appreciate it.
David F. Eisan wrote:

Excellent job! That piece of cast iron is just getting started. Probably will outlive every one of us.