Tonight I finished the restoration of my 1970 Rockwell Belt/Disk Sander.
Here is what I started with,
I tore down the sander to every last nut and bolt, cleaned it up and
repainted it. I replaced the sheet metal belt platten with a cast iron one,
swapped the 3450 RPM 3phase motor for a 1750 RPM 1ph motor w/larger pulley,
added a new side/top belt guard and changed the starter. The top belt roller
had been hammered on, so I also had to replace that as well. Add to that,
four new main bearings and the knob to tension the belt. I also managed to
find a cast iron disk dust collection attachment for the disk.
Here is it almost all torn apart,
Here is the sander all back together and after a very short test,
Here is a shot of the new motor and starter inside the base,
With the new starter, I was able to reuse the old remote on/off switch.
Thanks for looking,
Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him