Comparison of two hand saws, and questions

Page 2 of 2

The rough saw is sharpened wrong. Learn the basics and you can do it better yourself. A triangular file and vise are all the tools you need. Use scrap boards to hold the saw in the vise. Once you get the feel for the angle of cut you can make a smooth cutting blade. Study the angles on the good saw teeth. Bugs

Yeah, the Simonds was sharpened by Daily saw service, somewhere in California and I think the set is too wide. Not an expert yet, but I hope to get there.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com