Common lumber sizes?

Can anyone point me to a website that would have a list of common lumber sizes? I'm thinking about making a basic woodworking bench and I'd like to compare common lumber sizes to various plans.
Being a newbie, whenever I get to my local lumber yard I get overwhelmed by all the choices so tough to figure out what I want in advance. And when I try to figure in the size difference between nominal and actual sizes my head spins!
thanks in advance
NOSPAM wrote:

http://www.engineersedge.com/commercial_lumber_sizes.htm
--