common courtesey

At this point I guess you can say I was stood up again. I wonder if the position is still open :-(.

I'm missing the old days. I am a dinosaur.

Reply to
woodchucker

woodchucker wrote in news:OamdnZfBAvOSFu7OnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

Sometimes I've found when I want something done, I need to talk to "the man" in person. It doesn't always get the desired results, but does often resolve things.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Glad I never had to work for a company like that. After 35 years, there should be no interviewing and no layoff if another position was available now or in the next few months.

I'm guessing it is a big organization. Most small companies don't "interview" existing employees, we all know each other and our abilities. After 35 years, you don't treat experienced, valuable employees like a new hire.

I'm working at the last job I'll ever have and can stay as long as I want. Been here 25 years.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Most big companies you have to interview with the other interested party. The goal is to hire from within, but that does not guarantee it. Some managers prefer to go outside, but most don't

I just got in touch with my interviewer. Finally. what an air head.

I called the person who kept setting up the interview, they told me she tried getting in touch with me. Anyway we were hooked up.

She called someone elses number, thought it was odd that the voicemail recording said David.... but left the message.

I said I had been home and no one called. The number that she read was not my number... 1st ding.

2nd ding was David instead of Jeff. 3rd ding was when she asked if I had experience with such and such... I said NO.... she later asked again, and said that might be a show stopper. So we continued on... She asked how long it would take me to get from Philly to the job. I said I don't live in Philly. And where exactly is the job, no one has provided any info. She gave me an address and then asks So then you are coming from NY?

My address is on the resume... I can't believe how clueless this girl is. This is definetly a first level HR person, with real little experience.

She tells me the name of the hiring manager and says to read up on his bio.. And she'll forward him my resume.

Thank you. Ding, Dong... anyone home.

Reply to
woodchucker
< much snippage >

Yep - big time ! Voicemail message-tag ; third party communications ; - and _especially_ emails ! - ... seem to limit effective 2 way communications .. The big corporate business types seem to believe that 1 way communication is all that is required. John T.

hubops

This should be your BIG RED WARNING FLAG!!! If this person is the first line of people dealing with callers and you have been treated this way for this long you do not want to work there. This is not just an HR problem. There should have been even the simplest of policies to deal with this.

Reply to
Leon

I am desperate for work. I'll keep looking, but I need the job. I have worked for some of the worst people. I worked for a witch that loved firing people... she got giddy. I heard she went through 85 people before I came there. For some reason no one higher up ever thought it was her... While I was there she went through quite a few. And twisted a knife in and wiggled it a lot. So I can put up with a lot of shit, while looking. My wife ends work for the summer shortly, so no money will be coming in. I need something.

Reply to
woodchucker

Well good luck with what ever you choose to do. My last job was similar, it got to where I flipped a coin to make a decision knowing full well which was the correct choice and which was the dead wrong choice.

Reply to
Leon