Comments on Delta SH100 Shaper

I googled. The reviews available online for the Delta ShopMaster SH100 Shaper are pretty mixed.
Nine amp induction motor. (At 90% efficiency, that's 1.2 HP). How many Router Universal-Motor Banshee-Screaming "Horsepower" is that? Collets for 1/2" and 1/4" router bits, as well as a screw mount for shaper blades. Cheap plastic split fence. I'd like to have something that can spin 1/2" bit shafts...
It would be replacing a Porter Cable 6mumble router in the P-C Router Table. I don't have the fence for the Router Table; I got it at an estate sale for $55.
Yes, a 3 1/4 "horsepower" router with fixed and plunge bases and a Router-Razor would work better. But it would also cost a heck of a lot more. The shaper table is closing out at Lowes for $129. A hunnert bux off.
Worth it?
Chris
--
Change 'there' to 'woh' to reply via email

I'd pass.