Comments and suggestions welcomed for my shop plans

Page 2 of 2

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in

The clear flex tubing doesn't catch enough crud to be a problem, although airflow is reduced, because the walls aren't smooth.
Your regular specialty wooddorking supply has a black 4" flex, which has smoother inside walls, albeit at a higher price than the clear. I haven't seen the need to 'upgrade'.
Patriarch
I've had no problems with mine whatsoever. The only thing that could ever get is the odd sliver of a cut off that is flexible enough to get in there. The clear flex line helps find it, as does a clean out on the end of the run. But patriarchs remarks are correct and well taken. Smoother is better. Pricing varies with the available sales! Don't get yourself in too much of a sweat over the details. Just cover as many of the bases as you can and you'll be OK. One other thing.

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

Wow, that looks like a good sized scroll saw you have there - almost as big as your table saw. What is it?
Bob
Heh ... okay, messed up on that one!
BillyBob wrote:

I'm sure you are tired of comments, but that won't stop me for an instant.
I'd swap the bench and miter bench to allow you to work on long stock.
I find the end of my bench to be very handy, for a vise, for sawing and planeing. I'd leave more space between bench and miter bench.
The Table Saw should be movable. Running long rips out the big door is handy.
I would need twice the storage space you've shown.
I'd add a 2x4 roll around bench at the same height as table saw, and other tools working surface. It is so handy to have a little extra work space.
Looks like a nice shop.
Walt
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

Jack, you may want rethink the location of some of your power tools.
I guess i would station your table saw in the center of room for riping boards and along with that your bench should be stationed in front of table saw at the same hight this way it will aid you when your riping lumber or plywood. And will double as a bench too.
Think your trim saw will also need to be in a much better place for your longer stock.
Your Router table just may need a little more room too, ok for short stock but short on space.
I think your on the right track and some advice of all i think you will come up with a very workable shop.......GOOD LUCK!
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

Jack:
Your workshop sucks. How do I know? Same size as mine... It doesn't really work. You suffer it. lol :-)
You have had suggestions as to central placement of the table saw -- BIG ISSUE -- listen to them. That's where mine is -- now. Line your saw up so it can take advantage of door ways etc. :-) I often open up the partition door to saw an 8' board... I position the planer so that the finished board goes outside... The bandsaw gets dragged out, pivoted and turned -- depends on what I am doing... The drum sander is dragged everywhichway...
I have not found an arrangement that works...
See my equipment page. Bandsaw is on wheels etc...
Much the same equipment and problems.
I am continuously dragging stuff out and shoving it back.
Just find a way to buy a new house. That's all I can suggest. :-(
Some days I get so frustrated I could just... Go and watch TV instead.
Hope you have a sense of humour. :-)
You will need it.
Cheers and best wishes. :-)