collet on the 7518

My 7518 collet has been very good. I can also swap my 693 collet in there for 1/4 inch bits. If you just bought it, why not contact Porter Cable and ask for an new one. I have had very good luck in the past with them.

Reply to
len

and I'll put in my 2 cents worth on the subject. I have a 7518 with the

1/4 and 1/2 collets. They hold the bits tenaciously and release them very easily. also NO runout.

dave

len wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave