Collated screw gun recommendations?

Guys ...
Looking for a collated screw gun for two tasks -- securing joint hangers an d securing 5/4 deck boards. Ridgid has one for about $100 and Lowes carries an $80 Senco. I don't plan on getting into the deck building business, bu t I do want to make this one a tad easier on these old bones. Deck is abou t 350 SF so I'm going to be driving a lot of screws. Any thoughts?
Larry
On 5/26/2015 7:16 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

Not sure if there is really any difference between them. Cheap refurb:
http://www.tylertool.com/factory-reconditioned-ridgid-zrr6791-collated-screw-gun/rgdrzrr6791,default,pd.html?ref=pla&zmam1282435&zmasG&zmacr3&zmap=rgdrzrr6791&kpid=rgdrzrr6791&gclid=CjwKEAjws5CrBRD8ze702_2dyjYSJAAAJK9yDSSV59f7LfkTavtzG74J4yqPNfbesYBHXNKrGlu6JhoC8C7w_wcB
--
pentapus

I picked up that gun for doing some drywall work. It was a bit of a struggle, but it shot most of the screws. I had to finish off a lot of them with my plain old Milwaukee cordless drill, but the screw gun did reduce the overall work load. Inside corners were a particular struggle, but on a deck it shouldn't be too much trouble. Then its just about fidning the right screws for the job.
Bob La Londe
On 5/26/2015 7:16 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

get the mcfeelys biscuits and hide the screws between the boards. :-)
--
Jeff

Nothing related to the two screw guns, but since you asked for any thoughts...
Buy the bulk packs early in the process. There's a break-even point where the bulk pack is cheaper than the individual and you've got a much better chance of reaching it if you start earlier.
While you can get long deck boards (Menards had sizes every 2' up to 20- some feet), stick to sizes you can carry back in your vehicle. You'll have extra and you may get some bad ones. Since I had some really long boards I couldn't fit in the van, I had to have the delivery company come out and pick up the items to return them.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.