Cold Frame

I am starting a nonprofit organization with the goal of assisting older/handicapped people find a bit more life. The first program will be to design, build, and deliver cold frames (small box with glass top placed against the South side of a home with plants growing inside) so they can grow small plants for decoration or for starting seeds in late winter for summer use. While the boxes are fairly simple, I would like to take advantage of any experience available here. What has worked well, and not so well? Thanks.
Tom Birdwell
Don't use glass. Use coated plastic.
Mind your latitude and tilt the whole toward the sun rather than flat on the ground. Keep the inside light and reflective.

so