coffins

Page 2 of 2
Scott Lurndal wrote:

The amenities are for the living. Amen.

No, the amentities are for the Funeral Home, who just persuaded the poor, grieving widow/widower that they need the finest silk lining and the most spectacular wood and pure brass or even gold hardware to go in the ground with a worthless husk after the soul has left it.
They're as honorable as freakin' used car salesmen, those bastards.
Burn my husk and feed the ocean fishies from the cardboard box.
-- I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues. --Duke Ellington
On 1/15/2012 11:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Isn't there a famous poem about feeding the ocean fishes that entree?

Bill wrote:

I was thinking of this (Mississippi) John Hurt tune:
Let the mermaids flirt with me
Blues all on the ocean, blues all in the air. Can't stay here no longer, I have no steamship fare. When my earthly trials are over, carry my body out in the sea. Save all the undertaker bills, let the mermaids flirt with me.
I do not work for pleasure, earthly peace I'll see no more. The only reason I work at all, is drive the world from my door. When my earthly trials are over, carry my body out in the sea. Save all the undertaker bills, let the mermaids flirt with me.
My wife controls our happy home, a sweetheart I can not find. The only thing I can call my own, is a troubled and a worried mind. When my earthly trials are over, carry my body out in the sea. Save all the undertaker bills, let the mermaids flirt with me.
Blues all in my body, my darling has forsaken me. If I ever see her face again, I have to swim across the sea. When my earthly trials are over, carry my body out in the sea. Save all the undertaker bills, let the mermaids flirt with me.
Blues all on the ocean, blues all in the air. Can't stay here no longer, I have no steamship fare. When my earthly trials are over, carry my body out in the sea. Save all the undertaker bills, let the mermaids flirt with me.

I like it!
-- I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues. --Duke Ellington
Larry Jaques wrote:

John Hurt had such a gentle voice it would about put one asleep. Kinda fun to pick some of this stuff on guitar though.

If you can pick his music on the gitfiddle, you's a much better guitar player than I. 'Course, most people are...
-- I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues. --Duke Ellington
Isn't it time we laid this topic to rest?
----------- "Larry Jaques" wrote in message
If you can pick his music on the gitfiddle, you's a much better guitar player than I. 'Course, most people are...
Josepi wrote:

We were fishin' for suitable goin' away music!
Do you think the inclusion of a wind-up music box would be tacky?
I'm not sure whether it belongs on the inside or the outside.
Here's the lyrics to "Make me a pallet on your floor"
Make me down a pallet on your floor. Make me down... Make me down a pallet down, soft and low Make me a pallet on your floor.
Up the country, 20 miles or more. I'm going up the country where the cold, sleet and snow. I'm going up the country, where the cold, sleet and snow. No tellin' how much further I may go.
Just make me down ... Make me down... Make me a pallet, down, soft and low. Make me a pallet on your floor.
I think I'll put the music box in the inside! There's a coupld more versus if anyone is interested. They are not hard to find.
Stop trying to wind me up! Save it for the spring when things are not so busy.
It's a dead issue, anyway, and not many are going to undertake a new hobby, especially coffin making! It wouldn't be a gravey job to get the finish perfect, and we wood have to rehearse the process a lot. You dig ? Don't be pining to discuss it later?
Good wreath, man! If it's any bearing let's take a poll on the matter. We could be lining up to close this case 'cause they can't handle it.
------------------ "Bill" wrote in message We were fishin' for suitable goin' away music!
Do you think the inclusion of a wind-up music box would be tacky?
I'm not sure whether it belongs on the inside or the outside.
<Bill howling tunes deleted>
I think I'll put the music box in the inside! There's a coupld more versus if anyone is interested. They are not hard to find.
On 1/17/2012 9:35 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I'm sure I didn't always play "up to speed" and it has been a number of years since I tried. But, for the aspiring fingerstyle-guitarist, I can't think of much of a better place to start than with MJH. It amused me at the time that I got a MJH tab book (Stephen Grossman) with a full CD--oops cassette, of tunes, for less than the price of the recording by itself. Just play the the notes in order that they are in the tab, sing along, and repeat! Though I'm sure Doc Watson and Chet Atkins would play a lot more notes than are in the tab. Too many ways to have fun! : )

says...

FWIW, after dealing with the funeral home for my father's burial, my mother added a provision in her will that she was to be cremated and buried in a cardboard box.

Needing a place to have daytime naps?
--------------- "F Murtz" wrote in message
Does any one have plans for a proper coffin (casket)or a tutorial or instruction manual. Not the plain square box type that you can find easily but a proper professional looking shaped one like you find in a funeral parlour

Those Twilight movies really are affecting people, aren't they.
Shucks! Now you let Ed and Mike in on the joke too.
Some people just like satin. The wife doesn't like it when the lid falls closed. She says, "The air shortage makes it harder to orgasm."
"Justin Time" wrote in message

F Murtz wrote:

Think urn.

Something a little ornate that can sit on a mantle.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 0&filter=coffin
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?pageP16&filter=coffin
On 1/15/2012 5:12 AM, F Murtz wrote:

The main reason that plans are not available is the legal aspects. Most states, and even some local jurisdictions have very specific requirements for the construction on caskets and coffins. I would think that you may want to start by checking with the local health department, local undertakers and or funeral homes. No sense in doing all that work, only to find that the design is illegal for use because of some little known requirement like Material selection, or insect repellant coatings etc.. I know that most require certain types of joinery, glues and hardware. Lots of homework needs to be done on a project like this.