Coffee table leg desing ideas?

I purchased an Australian red gum burl about 30"X25"X4" thick and I want to use it for a coffee table top. I've sanded it flat and finished it, but I am still looking for an appropriate base design. I've been watching out for driftwood stumps, but so far no luck. I've also searched for other table maker sites to get ideas, but nothing yet. I'm a turner and turning legs from branches is still a possibility. Does anyone have any ideas or other places I can search.
Thanks,
Art Learmonth
Art and Diane wrote:

You can try Sy Kaplan's (The Duke Of Burl) site at:
http://www.blacksheepwoodworks.com/burl.html
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Dont' turn. Use branches of a suitable size, debarked and dried Put perhaps 3 together joined in the middle to form a sort of tripod base supporting the top. Fiddle with it to level. Stain to match and varnish the lot.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000801000309050900060805 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Yes. That's what I was considering. The turning would be to cut the tenons on the end.
By the way, sorry for the typo in the title line. With my one finger typing style, I should use the spell check more often.
Art
Guess who wrote:

--------------000801000309050900060805 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------000801000309050900060805--