Coating for yellow cedar deck?

Any suggestions? the tannins and oils make it virtually impossible for anything that I've applied to stick for more than 4-6 months and strip and reapply. I'm in the northwest, wet wet wet....... I've been using Cetol ect. A penetrating oil? Brand? thanks

I'm not thrilled about the results with Cetol in two different applications. If I had cedar, I'd use Penofin oil. I've used it on outdoor furniture with very good results. Good UV protection also.
I'm in Oregon and I know exactly what you mean. I've been using Penofin on my deck and I'm very happy with the performance. It comes in a variety of colors to suit your taste too. HD no longer carries it and Parr Lumber had the best price last year.
Art

WB...do you remember what specific product it was ...the marine or the red premium? thanks

I use the original Blue Label stuff. I use a painting pad and a 4-5 ft handle to apply it. No sense getting down on the knees if I can avoid it. A tray for a paint roller works great to dip the pad in. I've tried a roller to apply it but I find it slower than the pad and it wastes expensive oil due to dripping down between the boards. I can apply it to 700 sq-ft in a couple of hours easy. Good luck.
Art

'REZ', by pittsburgh paint, is made specifically for cedar. works good on redwood, too.