CNC in Virginia Beach, VA?

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting pretty serious about getting a CNC Router and wanted to see if anyone in the Virginia Beach area had one that they would be willing to show me and give me the ins and outs.

Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Baker

You should ask the local reps for the machine your are considering.

The shop I am in is considering dropping $150k + on a 4' x 8' CNC router for a move to frameless cabinets. He has boiled it down to either a Holzer or a SCM machine. The two sales reps that are in the running both took the owner to local shops that were running their respective machines.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

| I'm getting pretty serious about getting a CNC Router and wanted to | see if anyone in the Virginia Beach area had one that they would be | willing to show me and give me the ins and outs.

Kevin...

You might post this question to the forum at

The ShopBotters generally welcome visitors to their shops (and we enjoy showing off our 'Bots :-)

Morris Dovey

Aren't they about $135k cheaper and darned near as accurate?

----------------------------------------- Jack Kevorkian for Congressional physician!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

| On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:15:16 -0500, the opaque "Morris Dovey" | clearly wrote: | || Kevin Baker (in CArNe.2180$ej5.1452@lakeread05) said: || ||| I'm getting pretty serious about getting a CNC Router and wanted ||| to see if anyone in the Virginia Beach area had one that they ||| would be willing to show me and give me the ins and outs. || || Kevin... || || You might post this question to the forum at ||

The ShopBotters generally welcome || visitors to their shops (and we enjoy showing off our 'Bots :-) | | Aren't they about $135k cheaper and darned near as accurate?

Yup. They're less expensive and as accurate as makes sense for woodworking. Some shops may opt for additional accuracy if they also plan to use their machine for precision milling of plastics and/or metal - although the additional accuracy does come with a hefty price tag.

One of the best features of the ShopBot is the manufacturer-sponsored forum in which users enthusiastically help each other solve problems and share successes.

FWIW, I've seen used (working) machines advertized on the forum for as little as $2k.

Morris Dovey