CNC For Pinball Playfields

Anyone know of the easiest cad program for someone with no experience. I am trying to make new playfield copy of Gottlieb Devil's Dare. Looked at Autocad 2006, Autocad LT at work, but both look very hard. Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, anyone have cnc near me, let me know. Some guys here are going bigtime on this thing, look rgp, Classic Playfield Reproductions, they have agreed to run a few plywood playfields if I come up with files. Thanks
any CAD program is going to have a learning curve, and usually its own way of doing things. If you want to learn CAD, get a program and stick with it.
I use Solidworks (CAD) and Mastercam (CAD/CAM) where I work, but these are high end programs. I cannot even start to get comfortable with TurboCAD after using these...it seems so clunky by comparision.
John
I think my next project that I will seek help from community college. The other local guys had their carpenter learn the cad.
On 3 Nov 2005 14:23:43 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Community college instructors get tired of people trying to leech work for free, so hopefully you'll make it a learning and profitable experience for the students in question.
? ( in snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) wrote:
[Original article retrieved from Google archive. Did not appear on my server - please accept my apologies for posting out of order.]
<< Anyone know of the easiest cad program for someone with no experience. I am trying to make new playfield copy of Gottlieb Devil's Dare. Looked at Autocad 2006, Autocad LT at work, but both look very hard. Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, anyone have cnc near me, let me know. Some guys here are going bigtime on this thing, look rgp, Classic Playfield Reproductions, they have agreed to run a few plywood playfields if I come up with files. >>
I use DesignCAD and think you might find it comparatively easy to learn - but you should be warned that all CAD programs take time to learn to use really well. IMO, this program allows you to "muddle through" simple 2D designs while learning - and is sufficiently "feature rich" to allow you to produce satisfying results as a more experienced user.
DesignCAD - and many other CAD packages - are capable of exporting drawings in DXF format, which is probably what your CNC shop will want to use as a starting point.