CNC For Pinball Playfields

Anyone know of the easiest cad program for someone with no experience. I am trying to make new playfield copy of Gottlieb Devil's Dare. Looked at Autocad 2006, Autocad LT at work, but both look very hard. Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, anyone have cnc near me, let me know. Some guys here are going bigtime on this thing, look rgp, Classic Playfield Reproductions, they have agreed to run a few plywood playfields if I come up with files. Thanks

Reply to
greatwichjohn

any CAD program is going to have a learning curve, and usually its own way of doing things. If you want to learn CAD, get a program and stick with it.

I use Solidworks (CAD) and Mastercam (CAD/CAM) where I work, but these are high end programs. I cannot even start to get comfortable with TurboCAD after using these...it seems so clunky by comparision.

John

Reply to
John T

I think my next project that I will seek help from community college. The other local guys had their carpenter learn the cad.

Reply to
greatwichjohn

Community college instructors get tired of people trying to leech work for free, so hopefully you'll make it a learning and profitable experience for the students in question.

Reply to
Dave Hinz
[Original article retrieved from Google archive. Did not appear on my server - please accept my apologies for posting out of order.]
Reply to
Morris Dovey