CMS question - Maintenance

Good weekend all...
Tool - Have a Craftsman CMS (model 315) Problem - Getting a 'gritty' sound while changing the horizontal cut angle. Diagnosis - Disassembled the pivoting base (I sure wish I had the nomenclature down. Googling hasn't been very helpful...) and cleaned the 'gunk' from the circular portion of the base the pivoting base 'rides' upon. 'Gunk' being sawdust and some 'greasy' material.
Question - what lubricant should be used? Graphite? White lithium grease?
Observation - My guess is a white lithium grease was used upon initial assembly.
My concern is any grease will 'attract' debris. Would graphite 'last'?
Rick
Computer recommends - Hard drinking calypso poet

white grease lubricates well but attracts grit. graphite alone tends to migrate out of the joint and lacks the pressure capacity of the grease. a reasonable alternative is a mixture of paste wax and graphite powder.
: wrote: : : >Good weekend all... : > : >Tool - Have a Craftsman CMS (model 315) : >Problem - Getting a 'gritty' sound while changing the horizontal cut angle. : >Diagnosis - Disassembled the pivoting base (I sure wish I had the : >nomenclature down. Googling hasn't been very helpful...) and cleaned the : >'gunk' from the circular portion of the base the pivoting base 'rides' upon. : >'Gunk' being sawdust and some 'greasy' material. : > : >Question - what lubricant should be used? Graphite? White lithium grease? : > : >Observation - My guess is a white lithium grease was used upon initial : >assembly. : > : >My concern is any grease will 'attract' debris. Would graphite 'last'? : > : >Rick : > : >Computer recommends - Hard drinking calypso poet : > : : : : white grease lubricates well but attracts grit. graphite alone tends : to migrate out of the joint and lacks the pressure capacity of the : grease. a reasonable alternative is a mixture of paste wax and : graphite powder.
Thanks bridger...
White grease I got.... and used...
Rick
--
Computer recommends - Hard drinking calypso poet