Cloverdale Wood Show

Curious if anyone else made it to the Wood Show in Cloverdale, BC this year. interested in comments and if you feel you found any good deals. I was there and noticed more big iron with sold signs on them then I remember from last year. Gerald
said...

I was surprised at the serious hardware that were being purchased there. There was a huge $7000.00 lathe sitting with a sold sign on it and it made me wonder who would come to a tool show to buy something like that. Certainly not spur of the moment...
I left the show carting away a 10" Makita sliding double compound mitre saw for $150.00 less than I would have paid in Sechelt - Dewalt had some pretty good deals going too. The odd price war kept things interesting although I never got to benefit from one firsthand. KMS seemed to be turning a good trade at the show...long lines at the cashiers most of the day of course its just like their store on any given day as well. Could have stayed for a few hours hanging out at the General Tools area but time was short...
Samona seems to be becoming more prevalent...I bought one of their heavy-duty dollies for my table saw a while ago and loved it so I bought some of their PowerSonic router bits (1/4" canoe bits) at the show to see how they stand up ($12.99 a bit).
Overall, quite enjoyable especially considering the weather outside (I was there the Sunday afternoon). Next year I'll plan to stay for the weekend and bring more ca$h...Of course, on Monday I did the obligatory stop in Burnaby at KMS, Lee Valley, and Princess Auto on the way home.
--
Stiky