Cloudy Polyurethane Finish

I have recently stripped and restaind an oak table but when I put the Polyurethane on and sanded after the first application the sanding left my table cloudy. How can I fix this without starting over?
Thank You,
Judd
gittymoe wrote:
| I have recently stripped and restaind an oak table but when I put | the Polyurethane on and sanded after the first application the | sanding left my table cloudy. How can I fix this without starting | over?
If it wasn't cloudy before the sanding, I think I'd try wiping /rubbing on the very lightest possible coating of poly with a clean, soft cloth - and plan on using a finer grit of paper the next time.
*Important* - I'd try it on scrap first!
gittymoe wrote:

Cloudy? As in "all scratched up from the sanding"? Put on another coat of urethane.
--

dadiOH

Right -- the sanding is supposed to make it look cloudy; the second coat then clears it up immediately.