Closet Shelves

Hello, First off, I am a bit of a novice at woodworking. I have a large closet 7'x12' with 8 foot celings that I would like to put some shelving in. I am looking for some recommendations and a site with some plans on how to build it. Here is what I would like idealy and I am open for suggestions or other options as well: -looks nice. If it were 2x4 shelves some way to dress up the 2x4s -I don't want them secured to the walls as this will be temporary storage and would like to move the shelves to the garage or another part of the house when this room is complete. So easy to move -resonably priced -able to be built by a novice -each shelf could contain about 100lbs
Any suggestions or places i could look with some good shelving plans? Thanks for the help.
It's tough to make a 2x4 look good without a significant tooling investment.
My dad just put a storage room (8x14 maybe) in his basement. He ended up using plastic shelving units (probably made by someone like Rubbermaid). He has a full woodworking shop 20 feet from the storage room, he is retired, and he still opted to buy rather than build.
I doubt that there is much economy in what you want.
Really quick & dirty, disposable with raw 2x4's maybe. Upscale, custom DIY built-in - sure. Inexpensive, decent looking, movable... go to wallmart/cosco/lowes.

For a permanent solution that is quick, relatively inexpensive, strong and configurable are the closet kits you see at the borgs. Metal shelving, grids, woven metal baskets etc. These need to be fastened to the walls however. For a temporary solution that is easily moved, look at these from Sam's Club as an example
http://tinyurl.com/ex72m
Making something that is sturdy and moveable from wood could be more costly and certainly more time consuming.
You did ask for other ideas.
Bob S.
There is a very nice article in the latest issue of Journal of Light Construction from a man who does only closet shelves. His tips and tricks, dimensions, etc.
He uses double faced melamine, pocket hole jig, and dados. Well worth the reading.