Clifton Multiplane, 1984

Hi all
Not sure if I'm in the right place, but here goes... My grandfather has been an avid collector of hand tools, but is now looking to downsize his collection due to his age / running out of room. He has asked me to research one of them, a Clifton Multi-plane, to see how much it is worth, how he could sell it.
It is in a beautiful wooden box (scratched a bit in places but still really nice), comes complete with all pieces (I have checked them individulaly against the diagram on the lid), lists December 1984 in the 'How to use your Multi-Plane' booklet inside it, and has never been used. The metal parts are slightly rusty / etc, in a few places, but anyone who knew what they were doing could get rid of it, and it wouldn't affect the performance anyhow.
Would anybody be able to advise us on how much it might be worth / how we could sell it? He's nervous at putting it on ebay as he wants it to go to an appreciative home!!
Any help much appreciated by both of us.
Kindest Regards, Blondie25197
PS - Also inside is a blue roll with 24 original unused cutters inside it
blondie25197 wrote:
to see how much it is

Ebay - people bid on it so it goes for the highest price someone is willing to pay (by definition, that is how much it is worth)
Dave
I assume you are aware of the price of a new one...?
http://tinyurl.com/8legu
Roy

Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
On 17 Nov 2005 08:21:53 -0800, "blondie25197"

you might want to contact pat leach: snipped-for-privacy@supertool.com

Given the price it is likely to fetch on e-bay, odds are Very Good it will find an appreciative home. Take a look at planes selling currently and previously on e-bay before you list. You may also want to check with honestjohn36 (e-bay id), who may be able to give you some tips. He is a UK based tool dealer and Is very honest. I've purchased from him.