Clever chair -> stepstool transformation

Just an idea I found cute...
Pic http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/2814319253.html

On 1/23/2012 3:51 PM, WW wrote:

http://www.woodworkingarena.com/s/free-library-chair-plans /

This link must be to a site in a foreign country. Around here "free" does not mean $13.99 + shipping.
On 1/23/2012 2:46 PM, HeyBub wrote:

That is a very old idea, Google "Library Chair",
https://www.google.com/search?q=library+chair&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=A-sdT5XtJ8L3sQK8yOmZDg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved G0Q_AUoAQ&biw33&bihg9
Scroll down, lots of cool variations.

I believe you will this was actually invented by Benjamin Franklin. I'll look for a reference.