clear garbage can?

Anyone ever see and know where to buy a clear garbage can or barrel maybe about 30gal. Ive googled to exhaustion and can find nothing. thanks

Reply to
trs80

I have never seen one. For what purpose?

Reply to
lwhaley

I don't know if I would be comfortable putting out garbage that dogs and racoons could actually see.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

ahhh...sorry. I meant to explain.

Its to make a chip collector for a dust collecti>> Anyone ever see and know where to buy a clear garbage can or barrel maybe

Reply to
trs80

Is this used for your DC? If so you can make a 4x4 or 4x8 inch window in the side of a metal trash can. Use 1/8" thick plexiglass, caulk, and sheet-metal screws to secure it. Put the window at the level where you want to empty the trash can. Works great--no more lifting the can to tell if it's full.

Reply to
SWDeveloper

There's product # 10247 from US Plastics. A translucent 55 gallon drum liner made of LDPE with 24MIL walls. You may need to build a frame for it.

Alternatively for $90 you can get product # 74109, which is both plastic insert and steel barrel. No indication of wall thickness, though.

-Nathan

Reply to
N Hurst

Fri, Apr 13, 2007, 7:08pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (trs80) doth claim: ahhh...sorry. I meant to explain. Its to make a chip collector for a dust collection system. Id like to watch it work.

Excellent idea. Than when it turns red you'll know you've run some body part into whatever machine you're using, because of not paying attention. Let us know when it happens, so we can nominate you for the Darwin Awards.

JOAT Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is.

- Weston Farmer

Reply to
J T

The last thing you want to be looking at when making table saw cuts is your dust collector. Go to the coin laundry, watch the machines spin around for a couple of hours, get it out of your system, then get back to woodworking.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Damn right! Think you can save money buying 9 finger gloves?

If you gotta do it and you want to do it cheap go to a fabric store like Hancocks or similar. They have very heavy gauge PVC film (my super drop cloth mics out at 0.021". Make a little window, few small nuts and bolts, watch the fingers fly.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I guess we'd really better keep you away from the coin operated laundry, eh? You could waste a whole day just watching the dryer.

I think you need a hobby. Ever consider woodworking? Er, ah, never mind.

Reply to
Say What?

Before too long it would be so scratched up that you wouldn't be able to see through it anyway.

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Reply to
trs80

Jeesus Joat, Glad i was not drinking a coffee then. A new key board may well have been in order :)

regards John

Reply to
John B

Don't run the cat through the DC and that shouldn't happen.

Reply to
Father Haskell