cleaning woodwork trim

Hello, I have a lot of woodwork trim in my house that needs to be cleaned. Normally I use a damp cloth to clean the trim . (the trim is painted). What is the best thing to use to clean painting woodwork, doors etc.. Thanks KOS

Reply to
KOS

It is the paint that is being cleaned. First, use a brush attachment to your vacuum and remove the loose dust and dirt. A general purpose cleaner (Mr Clean, Spic and Span, Murphy's oil soap, etc.) will work well. You can add some household ammonia (1 cup to a gallon) to the water for more cleaning power. A rag or cellulose sponge works well, but ring it out well to avoid dripping on the floor/carpet. I would not use ammonia on paint that is less than a few months old.

Reply to
Phisherman